Simple Brexit Solution

The dismal progress of our negotiations to leave the EU is most disheartening.

It is clear that the Prime Minister will be most unlikely to arrive at a proposal that suits both the Leavers and Remainers, and then the EU negotiators.  The behaviour of some of our MPs, who have been elected to represent the people, is little short of disgraceful.  References to “the will of the people” are ridiculous, as this only refers to 52% of the electorate who voted.  Or maybe “the will of the people” is the other 48%?  Who knows?

Brexit is the most important issue facing the country since the Second World War and the outcome of these negotiations will affect us all for many years to come.  If we continue in the same fractious, factional way, the outcome will be disastrous.  With no clear majority in the House of Commons, the Prime Minister has no room for manoeuvre if she continues to act on party lines.

So she must show a bit of imagination and a lot of courage – she needs to form a cross party group to devise a suitable Brexit policy that will be acceptable to most people. Continue reading Simple Brexit Solution